[wdmaudiodev] Re: MediaPlayer improves USB DPC timing

  • From: "Martin Puryear" <martinp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bart@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 02:40:49 -0700

MPlay32 is included in Windows; this ought to be quick'n'easy to try, and it
uses just the basic MCI APIs.

The timeBeginPeriod may be what you want - this should be in the Platform SDK
and various samples.

For kernel-mode, please read the documentation on ExSetTimerResolution in the
Windows DDK.  Do not misuse this DDI - it can severely affect overall system
performance and may shorten system bettery life.  This particular DDI still
exists mainly because it is not abused.

Martin Puryear
Development Manager
Microsoft Windows Audio/Video Devices Group

Ce message est fourni en l'état, sans garantie d'aucune sorte, et ne vous
confère aucun droit. Vous assumez tous les risques liés à son utilisation.