[wdmaudiodev] Re: MediaPlayer improves USB DPC timing

  • From: "bart@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bart@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Martin Puryear <martinp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 11:59:20 +0200

Hi Martin,

> MPlay32 is included in Windows; this ought to be quick'n'easy to try, and it
> uses just the
> basic MCI APIs.

I just tried MPlay32 and it behaves the same as Cubase and Wavelab: It only
plays without
dropouts whenever the Media Player has been playing before and with the WMP
still loaded
but stopped. So it looks like the WMP sets a setting that MPlay32 does not....
I'll start
digging into the SDK and DDK docs and look for it.

> For kernel-mode, please read the documentation on ExSetTimerResolution in the
> Windows
> DDK.

I don't think it can be kernelmode in my driver because it is the same driver
showing
or not showing the problem depending on a user more state. Or is there a user
mode API
(in the form of an ioctl) to call ExSetTimerResolution? Sounds quite dangerous
to me
if there was....

Regards,
                Bart