[wdmaudiodev] Audio over IP for a simplified VOIP application

  • From: Konjengbam <konjengbam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 16:56:29 -0400

Hi Guys,

I know this kind of question such a routing smartphone's audio to
Desktop PC for call controls and handling must be one of old
discussions. I couldn't find the old topics from the archive. Kindly
let me know the thread, if it exists.

The idea is to be able dial calls from PC via the smartphone's GSM. I
would assume TAPI on smartphone could do this task with some
communication mechanism between the two devices. For routing the
audio, I would guess we could use WaveForm Audio on both systems and
do the routing via UDP. Yes, TCP/UDP connections would be available.
On Windows PC, perhaps ASIO could be employed as a development model.
Please advise and share your thoughts. I would not like to do kernel
developments unless absolutely required.

The application is not intended for a full VOIP application. I just
want to use the phone's cellular network but taking call controls
(including audio) over a desktop PC while the smartphone is still in
the vicinity.

Help appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
JK