[wdmaudiodev] Re: Audio over IP for a simplified VOIP application

  • From: Matthias Moetje <moetje@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 07:10:56 +0200

JK,

The communication between the radio unit and the device
is done through a serial connection. On normal Windows
OS, audio data (from voice modems) is transferred
over the serial connection as well, but not on Windows
Mobile.

Sure it's not hardwired between the Radio Unit and the
speakers/mic, but but to some mixer input on the device
instead.
The problem is that this seems to be device specific.
Even if you would be able to create some low level
driver it would work for specific devices only.
AFAIK there is no generic solution and even getting
the required support/information from a manufacturer
to implement a device specific solution seems to be
very hard :-(

Best regards,
Freundliche Grüße,

Matthias Moetje (MVP TAPI)

TERASENS GmbH       Phone:  +49.89.143370-0
Augustenstraße 24   Fax:    +49.89.143370-22
80333 Munich        e-mail: info@xxxxxxxxxxxx
GERMANY             Web:    www.terasens.com