[wdmaudiodev] Re: 61883 Talk

  • From: Matt Gonzalez <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 14:37:25 -0700

Last I checked, the AVC layer in Windows doesn't have a defined format code for audio data - only video. So it's really more of a "VC" layer.

Matt

John D. Farmer wrote:

Greetings,

I  am writing a driver to support audio over 1394.  I am using a AVStream
minidriver to get the audio data and convert it to a AM824 format to send
down the stack to my device (the stack being: My
Driver-->AVC-->61883-->1394).  I am using AVC and 61883 to initialize my
hardware.  I get the plugs from 61883 and fashion a connection handle using
Av61883_Connect.  The connection returns success and I seem to receive a
valid connection handle, my problems begin when I try to use Av61883_Talk.
The talk function returns STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER.  I can successfully use
the connection handle to attach a frame, using Av61883_AttachFrame.  This
function returns STATUS_SUCCESS.  This leads me to believe that I have a
valid connection handle.  I am very confident that I have configured the
hardware and my driver correctly to this point.  I cannot find anything in
the documentation to suggest that I have done something wrong or out of
order.    Any feedback or help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,

John D. Farmer