[wdmaudiodev] Re: 61883 Talk

  • From: "Mathieu Routhier" <mrouthier@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 17:14:00 -0400

Hi,

Well, I have tried, a few months ago, to do exactly the same thing as
you're trying to do.  Unfortunately, I ran into the same frustrations.
This layer is very lightly documented and the returned error values did
not give me enough information to figure out what was wrong even if I
double-checked every field of every structure.  So you're not alone.

I finally ended up implementing my own 61883 streaming (i.e. I did not
use the Av_61883 functions but instead used the basic 1394 functions
such as REQUEST_ISOCH_TALK).  If I remember correctly, I noticed some
limitations in Av_61883 later on which would have affected me in the
particular project I was working on.

That's about it.  Not much help, eh :(

Mat