[wdmaudiodev] Re: 24 bit PCM

  • From: BlazeAudio Developer <developer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 13:22:01 -0700

I just found out that SoundForge will work with 24bits in 32bit playback, but for record, it will only work with 24bit packed.

I guess we have to add support for 24bit packed - there's no way out!

Unless Sonic Foundry is willing to add support for 24b in 32bit containers?

Thanks.
Devendra.

At 09:22 AM 6/7/2003, uwe kirst wrote:

Waldemar Haszlakiewicz wrote:

Hi Devendra

In our driver we supported 32bit->24bitMSB format first, but then
found that some application (like wavelab,...) can't record 24bit
in this format. So we added support for 24bit packed.

Hi Waldemar, Hi Devandra,
I think Wavelab supports both, 24bit packet and 24bit in 32bit. The second is called 24bit alt.
Uwe

****************** WDMAUDIODEV addresses: Post message: mailto:wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subscribe: mailto:wdmaudiodev-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=subscribe Unsubscribe: mailto:wdmaudiodev-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe Moderator: mailto:wdmaudiodev-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx URL to WDMAUDIODEV page: http://www.wdmaudiodev.de/