[wdmaudiodev] Re: 24 bit PCM

  • From: BlazeAudio Developer <developer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 17:50:44 -0700

Waldemar,

Thank you for the useful information!

I was afraid it would come to that!

I really wish things were not so.

How about getting application vendors to fix things rather than having drivers do the extra work of translating formats - which makes the system inefficient!

Thanks.
Devendra.

At 04:38 PM 6/6/2003, Waldemar Haszlakiewicz wrote:

Hi Devendra

In our driver we supported 32bit->24bitMSB format first, but then
found that some application (like wavelab,...) can't record 24bit
in this format. So we added support for 24bit packed.

After some testing we came to the conclusion that if you want to
support all programs there is no other way than to support both types.

Waldemar

****************** WDMAUDIODEV addresses: Post message: mailto:wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subscribe: mailto:wdmaudiodev-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=subscribe Unsubscribe: mailto:wdmaudiodev-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe Moderator: mailto:wdmaudiodev-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx URL to WDMAUDIODEV page: http://www.wdmaudiodev.de/