[visionrehabtherapist] Re: Pen Friend ??

  • From: "Brown, Kristina L." <krisbrown@xxxxxx>
  • To: "'patncavi@xxxxxxxxx'" <patncavi@xxxxxxxxx>, "visionrehabtherapist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <visionrehabtherapist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 17:18:48 +0000

I have had some experience with the PenFriend and hope I can help.

1. Yes, you can mark on the labels or fix bump dots or high marker. You can
cut them in half, or quarters even. As long as there is a piece of the label to
record on you’re good to go!

2. Yes, they work for labeling items in the freezer. I laminate them with
self- adhesive laminate (not the laminate that has to run through the high heat
press) or place then in ziplock baggie or sheet protector to be safe. I have
even covered them with a clear packaging tape. I’ve always fixed them to an
index card material cut into various sizes and colors for contrast. I use a
hole punch through the index card and use a rubber band. See picture attached.
They have always worked from behind plastic covering.

3. As far as using the laundry labels, all I know is that it is not
recommended to wash them above 50 degrees. No minimum temp mentions in their
directions. And have not personally tried them for freezer use.
I hope this has helped in some way.
Kristina