[visionrehabtherapist] Pen Friend ??

  • From: Pat Wilson <patncavi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "visionrehabtherapist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <visionrehabtherapist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 08:49:49 -0400

Hi, I am working with a woman who has NLP, has a hearing loss, and
diabetic neuropathy in her hands. We are trying to find a way for her to
identify what's in her freezer and hear the cooking directions. I would
like to try a Pen Friend with her and have these questions:

1. Can I put a raised dot of Spot-n-Line or Hi Marks on the labels to the
left of where the pen goes so she will know where to aim the Pen? Do you
have another suggestion?

2. Will the labels work after being in the freezer? Do they need to be
covered to protect them from moisture? Will they work if laminated? Do you
have any suggestions for attaching the label to the polybag so that it may
be reused for the replacement bag? I was thinking of using a tag and rubber
band method but don't want to re-invent the wheel if there's a proven
method.

3. If regular labels aren't recommended for the freezer, what about the Pen
Friend laundry label set?

If you have any other ideas or suggestions, I'm open to them.
​ I emailed the company but have had no response.​
Thank you!

--
*Pat Wilson, COMS, VRT*
*North Country Association for the Visually Impaired*