[visionrehabtherapist] Re: CFRT and O&M Certification

  • From: Nancy Miller <nmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ipresley@xxxxxxx>, "aernet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <aernet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Discussion about issues related to blindness (vision@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <vision@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'visionrehabtherapist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx' (visionrehabtherapist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <visionrehabtherapist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 14:34:39 -0500

It is extremely helpful to be dually trained and certified in both O&M and
VRT. You are a much more desirable employee for any vision rehab agency or
Veterans Administration.

I believe that the VA will pay the cost of your degree if you agree to work
at the VA once you graduate.

My husband Jerry Miller is both a CVRT and COMS in New Jersey. He uses his
dual degrees consistently with blind children and youth.

Nancy D. Miller, LMSW
Executive Director/CEO
VISIONS/Services for the Blind and Visually Impaired
500 Greenwich Street Suite 302
New York, New York 10013
212-625-1616 ext. 117
Cell 917-859-9184

From: Ike Presley <ipresley@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, November 19, 2015 at 2:07 PM
To: "aernet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <aernet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Discussion about
issues related to blindness (vision@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <vision@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
"'visionrehabtherapist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx' (visionrehabtherapist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)"
<visionrehabtherapist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [visionrehabtherapist] CFRT and O&M Certification

Hi All,

I have been asked to post the following message. Please reply directly to
Faheem Hashmee, at faheem5522@xxxxxxxxx.

Hi everyone,
My name is Faheem Hashmee. I am planning to pursue CVRT study as my master
program at Northern Illinois University. However, I was recommended by my
adviser to consider both CVRT and O&M as well. I would like to ask a
question from whoever has both CVRT and O&M certifications. How beneficial
is it for people with visual disabilities to have both credentials?

Your help is appreciated in advance.
Take care
Faheem Hashmee
faheem5522@xxxxxxxxx