[vip_students] Re: super anti spy ware

  • From: "Paul Traynor (NCBI)" <paul.traynor@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 15:50:04 +0100

Hi Vincent,

I took the following from the Super Anti Spyware help pages.

Q. When I try to install a SUPERAntiSpyware program update, I receive the
error message "The update must be done from an account with administrator
privileges."

A. This is caused by a Windows Vista permission anomaly. This procedure
works in most cases to reset the permissions.

On some Windows Vista systems, particularly with 64-bit Windows Vista, it's
necessary to temporarily run SUPERAntiSpyware as administrator each time a
program update is available.
Right-click the SUPERAntiSpyware icon (the yellow/brown bug) in the system
tray (near the Windows system clock) and select "Exit."
Right-click on the SUPERAntiSpyware icon on your desktop, and select "Run as
administrator."
Close the SUPERAntiSpyware main menu when it opens.
Right-click the SUPERAntiSpyware icon in the system tray again, and select
"Check for Updates."
After the updates are installed, restart Windows.
Very rarely, it's necessary to reinstall SUPERAntiSpyware to reset the
permissions when the steps above don't resolve this issue.

Exit SUPERAntiSpyware, and uninstall using the Uninstaller Assistant:
http://www.superantispyware.com/downloads/SASUNINST.EXE

Then restart Windows. Re-install the current version of SUPERAntiSpyware
from our web site and register/activate and you should no longer have the
problem.

You can re-download the software from:
http://www.superantispyware.com/download.html