[vip_students] Re: individual folders

  • From: "Joan Ann Brosnan" <kerrygirl18@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 15:05:37 +0100

Hi Susan
I copied the following piece from the
www.jaws-users.com
website. It is about creating message rules in Outlook express. You can set a rule to get all messages from the VIP Students list to go into a folder that you have created rather than the messages going to your in-box. I find it a little awkward with jaws but, once it is set up, it works great. I changed it a little bit. I hope it isn't too confusing.

This example will be for making a filter for the VIP Student list. It is only a sample rule to give you the idea how these things are created. Once you understand
the basic concept you'll be able to create other rules for yourself.

1. Make a folder named vip student. To do this, press control shift E, type vip student, then tab and arrow up to Local folders, then hit enter.

2. Press alt T, then R to take you to message rules. Enter on mail. Tab to New and press the space bar.

3. Arrow down until you hear where the subject line contains specific words and press the space bar.

4. Tab once to the Actions list. You will hear "Move it to the specified folder." Again, press the space bar.

5. Tab once to the rules description dialog and down arrow once. You will hear where the subject line contains specific words. Press enter. Type in
[vip_students]

6.  Tab once to Add and press enter.

7. Tab until you hear OK and press enter. You will be back at the rules description dialog.

8. Down arrow twice and you will hear specified folder. Press enter. Now down arrow until you hear the name of your created folder, vip list. Tab to Ok and press enter.

9. Tab once and hit the back space till the edit field is empty, give the Rule a name such as vip list.

10.  Tab to ok and press enter.

11.  Tab to apply and press enter.

12.  Tab to the OK button and press enter.

13. tab to close and press enter.