[vip_students] Re: Gina Mc Namara's website

  • From: "Aedan O'Meara" <aomeara@xxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 20:50:30 -0000

Hi Gina,
Firstly, every link can have what is called "Alt text" or alternative text
which is attached to the link. Your html editor should give you this option
when you are constructing the page.
Repositioning the links is not the answer.
Screen readers cannot make any sense of graphic buttons or links so they are
designed to readout the alt text of that link instead.
Therefore you should make the alternative text as meaningful as possible.
At the moment all we are getting from Jaws is "nav 01" or nav 03", etc.

Secondly, yes, I was referring to the bottom of the page. There is
unnecessary duplication of the site provider there.

Kind regards
Aedan.