[vi-kindle] Re: hi

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 11:46:41 -0500

Shoshana, you certainly have me beat as far as the number of books I have on my Kindle, but, thanks to you and some others on list, I'll be catching up with you! It is amazing the number of free books that are available! I have found that if you reboot after a minute or so, speech is slower than usual... after loss of speech. But it always resets itself when I start reading again. This loss of speech is annoying, but it is certainly easy to deal with. I do remember when I lost speech those first few times. I panicked!

At 11:33 AM 10/28/2012, you wrote:
Yep, you have the Kindle Keyboard.  No, you can't buy books from the Kindle,
but you can, using your computer and going to Amazon.com ...it's easy, trust
me, I should know, I've got over 1,000 books on my Kindle.  Yes, there are a
few menus you can't access, but you can do almost anything anyone else can
do on your Kindle.  BTW, when I've had to reboot my Kindle, everything was
as I had it, and that includes reading speed.

Shoshana
From: kb7uengene <kb7uengene@xxxxxxxxx
To: "vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 00:07:15 -0500

Hi Jessica,
Welcome to the list.  Do you have audible menu guidance on your
Kindle?  If so, then you have the Kindle Keyboard formally known
as the Kindle 3.  It is the only hardware based Kindle to be
somewhat accessible to a person who is totally blind.

If you are visually impaired and reading from the E-INK display,
then could you tell me where your "HOME" button is located and
whether you have a joy stick or a raised square with a recessed
area in the middle of it?  Knowing the answer to these two
questions will narrow it down considerably for me.
Thanks, Gene

On Oct 27, 2012, at 8:11 PM, Jessica Brown
<jessicabrown531@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi. My name is Jessica. I have been on this list for a couple of
months or so but I have not posted anything yet. I have a kindle,
but don't know what kind it is. How do you tell what model it is
by feeling it? Thank you.

                Sandy Licht
Turn right, then go straight!

        Jeremiah 29:11-14 (Amplified Bible)

11For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome.

12Then you will call upon Me, and you will come and pray to Me, and I will hear and heed you.

13Then you will seek Me, inquire for, and require Me [as a vital necessity] and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.(A)

14I will be found by you, says the Lord, and I will release you from captivity and gather you from all the nations and all the places to which I have driven you, says the Lord, and I will bring you back to the place from which I caused you to be carried away captive.