[vi-kindle] Re: hi

  • From: "Russ Kiehne" <russ94577@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 05:39:44 -0700

I hear that the Kindle DX has been discontinued.

-----Original Message----- From: kb7uengene
Sent: Sunday, October 28, 2012 9:50 AM
To: vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [vi-kindle] Re: hi

There have been four models of Kindle with keyboards, and three of those have had TTS. They are the original Kindle with a split keyboard and no TTS, the Kindle 2 with a keyboard with tiny bump like keys and a joystick and TTS for reading only, the Kindle DX with TTS for reading only and is a larger ereader with rectangular keys and a joystick, and finally the Kindle 3, later called the Kindle Keyboard, which has the same bump like keys but the joystick was replaced by the square with recessed area in the middle and the only Kindle with talking menus. - Gene

On Oct 28, 2012, at 11:13 AM, Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If it has a keyboard, it is the Kindle Keyboard. Your touch screen models don't have speech.

At 08:11 PM 10/27/2012, you wrote:
Hi. My name is Jessica. I have been on this list for a couple of months or so but I have not posted anything yet. I have a kindle, but don't know what kind it is. How do you tell what model it is by feeling it? Thank you.

              Sandy Licht
Turn right, then go straight!

      Jeremiah 29:11-14 (Amplified Bible)

11For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome.

12Then you will call upon Me, and you will come and pray to Me, and I will hear and heed you.

13Then you will seek Me, inquire for, and require Me [as a vital necessity] and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.(A)

14I will be found by you, says the Lord, and I will release you from captivity and gather you from all the nations and all the places to which I have driven you, says the Lord, and I will bring you back to the place from which I caused you to be carried away captive.