[vi-kindle] Re: Kindle Keyboard May Be Discontinued

  • From: kb7uengene <kb7uengene@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 14:51:24 -0500

Yeah I read visually with my Kindle keyboard using the next to the largest font
size setting.  But if it weren't for the sluggishness of the Kindle Paperwhite,
I wouldn't have a problem with the touch keyboard because is's much easier to
see than the Kindle keyboard's keyboard is.  By the way, even though I read
visually most of the time, I have spent the last week reading with the Kindle
for iOS app since the accessibility update showed up.  I really enjoy reading
with it much more than I do with the Kindle keyboard non visually because of
the speech quality.  I have an Amazon Kindle Keyboard lighted cover, and I'm
going to sell it now because I don't need it anymore since the Kindle for iOS
app was updated to support Blind and low vision accessibility. The benefit of
this is that I can get rid of the heavier and bulkier lighted case and go to a
case that is much lighter and more streamlined. - Gene

On May 20, 2013, at 2:03 PM, john schwery <jschwery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

My wife, who is sighted, likes the idea of her Kindle keyboard over the Fire
and other models.  I think that there are other sighted folks who prefer a
keyboard over a touch screen.