[vi-kindle] Re: Kindle Keyboard May Be Discontinued

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <vi-kindle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 20:35:24 -0500

I wouldn't recommend a Netbook for reading Kindle books.  The processor is too
slow, and the speech is jerky.  I certainly didn't like it.  Speaking of sound,
other devices, such as the BPP or the BookSense, don't sound great, either.. as
far as the TTS is concerned.d

Sent from my iPod

On May 20, 2013, at 6:56 PM, kb7uengene <kb7uengene@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

i understand what you're saying, but I guess what I'm thinking is if I didn't
already own a Kindle keyboard, I wouldn't be losing any sleep over it being
discontinued now that the accessible Kindle for iOS app is out.  I'd just get
an 4g iPod touch, if I didn't already have or want an iPhone, to run the most
current version of the Kindle for iOS app on.  The other option is the Kindle
for PC app running on a netbook, which is physically no larger then the now
discontinued Kindle DX.  Also, because iOS provides support for braille
displays, reading with Kindle for iOS is now closer than ever before to having
the same kind of experience that a normally sighted person does with the Kindle
e-reader.- Gene

On May 20, 2013, at 6:33 PM, "Tiny Puppy" <butchb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Exactly!!!  I don't have an iPhone and really would not want to buy one just to
get what I have in my kindle.
Butch

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sherry Gomes" <sherriola@xxxxxxxxx>