(VICT) Re: treat ideas please

  • From: "Diane & Raven" <dlshotwell2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 22:33:01 -0400

Shelley L. Rhodes B.S. Ed, CTVI wrote:>>Hey I didn't think of the Natural
Balance rolls, that is a thought, smile.
As he is eating the Venison and Brown rice already.  I reckon i would have
to be careful wich though, smile.<<

When I use Natural Balance or kibble I actually feed them their daily meal
while teaching and not put it in a bowl.

This is hard for some owners because they have the since they need to hand the
dog a bowl of food each day to be caring for it properly.  It really is only
the human part of us and the food fed while capturing behaviors and teaching in
low stress situations is just a good.

I cut NB into small peas size bites and put them in a bag (Ziploc) and measure
carefully to be sure the dog is getting the proper amount for the day and
because I have a retired service dog, a current service dog and a puppy I am
raising for an organization all living here I mark the bags so everyone gets
their share.  They all like learning and being stimulated my challenges and new
behaviors.

Best Wishes & Wags,
Diane & Raven
http://AssistanceDogJournal.net
"My Assistance Dog is  not my whole life, but she makes my life whole"
~D.L.Shotwell
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."
~Anatole France