(VICT) Re: treat ideas please

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 09:32:09 -0400

Solid Gold sells jerky treats that are irresistable at least in regards to
Judson, smile.

They make a beef, lamb and venison jerky, we have the venison jerky.  This
treat is so rewarding that Judson will eat it while being poked in the back
leg to have blood drawn.

And he would never do that with kibble.

Plus you can break them down into tiny tiny pieces.

Other treats I have used in the past.

Old Muther Hubbord sells these things called "bitz" that are just the right
size and work well for treats, ar dry so no worry about spoilage.

Three Dog Bakery sells these little nickel sized things, they come in many
many verieties and you get a ton innthe can, Judson loves the peanut butter
ones again they are small enough for training treats and dry so they don't
spoil.

This is basically what I use, and judson is allergic to lamb, corn, beets,
dairy and eggs.
The Jerky treats have also stopped him in a dead run after a toad, something
that any other treat can not do.  Need less to say they are seriously
rewarding for him.

Shelley L. Rhodes B.S. Ed, CTVI
and Judson, guiding golden
juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx