(VICT) Re: stairs and curbs

  • From: "Brenda-Ann Gillis" <hc89x48@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 09:32:19 -0400

Thanks Julie.  Yes, it is me and you got the right Brenda.  Had to take a
break for a while due to work obligations.

Ivy is still doing safe work for the small town we live in, but beginning to
show signs of retirement yearning.  We are both enjoying a more leisurely
pace, playing more and working less -- Ivy seems to be happy with the
current arrangement as it involves more C & T than ever before.

As for the dog hunt, I think I scared the Aussie Rescue off.They found
several dogs and when I spoke with the foster homes with a myriad of
questions related to temperament and behaviors, they basically said it will
be a long long time before the "right" dog could be found.  Most recently I
have been in contact with some reputable breeders of both Aussies and Labs.
I am presently awaiting a return phone call from a breeder who sounds
absolutely wonderful and knowledgeable, having bred dogs for several
schools.  Unfortunately, she thinks it a very unwise decision to train your
own guide and is concerned about the ability of a blind person to
self-train.  I plugged the list and explained that I do have qualified help
in Meg, but she hasn't let me know if she changed her mind yet nor has she
contacted my references to date.

Bottom line is that now I wait.  Guess this will happen in God's time and
not mine.  In the meantime, I am reading all of the posts with great
interest and building on my knowledge base for when the time finally
arrives.

Keep the info coming!
TTYL
Bren