(VICT) stairs and curbs

  • From: "Julie J." <jlcrane@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 10:39:45 -0500

I am working on a training plan for my new dog and trying to iron out some
details of exactly how I want to work this dog.  So here's my question...
How do you prefer to approach stairs and upcurbs?

the options that I have come up with
*complete stop before step, find with foot, continue
*complete stop with dog's front feet on step, find faster with foot, continue
*pause before step, expect step, step up without finding with foot

If you have used more than one of these methods or something completely
different, I would love to hear about it.

I originally taught a complete stop, but then found it too time consuming so I
then taught the pause method.  That's faster, but isn't as accurate.

Ideas?  Thoughts?
Julie
http://www.livingblind.com/eml
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and
those who matter don't mind.

Dr. Seuss