(VICT) Re: Up-curbs

  • From: "kitty hevener" <khevener@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 10:01:17 -0800

Karen, good question.  When I traveled with cane, I always sought out the
curb, especially fro street crossings.  I hated the ramp or curb cut.  I
really don't quite know how it happened, but sunstar and I now use the curb
cuts.  I know that she will correct if I happen to make an allignment error,
which is quite easy to do, since some of the curb cuts send you out in
middle of street as opposed to straight across.  I know that when I first
started dog travel, one of my biggest problems was trusting her to stop at
curbs.  So, am not sure if somehow we ended up going for ramps cuz of that
or what.  But, now, I have noticed that if there is a choice between steps,
and ramp, or curb and ramp, she will take me to ramp.  Who knows who taught
who on that one smile!!