(VICT) Re: Fw: New pet treats may be dangerous

  • From: "Diane & Raven" <dlshotwell2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 17:10:19 -0400

Hi Julie,
>>I haven't figured out a nonmessy way
of distributing the peanut butter, so that's an at home only treat.<<
You can use treat tubes...
I will list two links for these at the bottom.
One is a style tube you can order on the net that resembles a toothpaste tube
with the backend open.  You fill the tube with the peanut butter (or other soft
treat material) fold it over and clip it with the clip provided.  You can
purchase them online or in craft and hobby stores.

The second one is my preference because the bottom of the tube where the dog
licks is flat.  It is open at the back end and can be filled with you preferred
creamed treat material and it is folded over and a clip is applied.  It is
available on the internet.

I have made my own... took a large tooth paste tube when it was empty.  cut the
very back end off and cleaned it well in dishwasher or very hot water.  I
filled the tube and folded it over and used an old barrette to keep it closed
or you can use a small chip clip but that is awkward.

Just some ideas to help make you peanut butter treat travel well on the road
with you...

I buy sale of roasts and stick them in the slow cooker until done and cut them
into tiny pieces.  freeze in small snack size bags what I will would use in a
session of teaching and put all the little bags in a big freezer bag.  I than
take out a bag each morning to meet the teaching needs for the day.  this is a
high value treat for my teaching.

I also use carrots, cheese, hot dogs (turkey), natural balance rolls, green
beans...etc.  All cut into tiny (leave them wanting more) bits a head of the
teaching session.

Best Wishes & Wags,
Diane & Raven
APDT#72225
http://AssistanceDogJournal.net
"My Assistance Dog is not my whole life, but she makes my life whole"
~D.L.Shotwell
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."
~Anatole France

All posts are considered copyrighted by the author. You must get
permission from the poster before forwarding.