(VICT) Re: Dog breeds

  • From: Sheila Styron <sheilastyron@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 09:37:01 -0500

I agree that it would be extremely interesting and fulfilling to train
from scratch, but without all the important pieces of the big picture in
place, I will probably continue to have to settle for the challenges of
taking a well bred fairly predictable dog and carrying on its education
after GDB has very solidly brought it through the rigors of Guiding a
Blind Person 101. There is still plenty to do from that point forward.
Different breed and species characteristics are also interesting, but so
are the traits and subtleties that make up each of our individual dogs.
Just think of it. There is a lot more to me than the fact that I'm a
blind European mix. Grin I personally would never place breed preference
at the top of my list of preferred characteristics in a guide JMPO.

Sheila Styron, President
Guide Dog Users, Inc.
816-363-3172
sheilastyron@xxxxxxxxxxxxx