(VICT) Re: Agility with a guide dog

  • From: "Ridge Euler" <ridge_e@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 10:41:55 -0500

hello Sharonda,  agility is a coarse of different obstacles.  you have the
A-frame which is what is sounds like a frame that the dogs have to walk up and
then over the top and back down the other side.  then you have what is called
the dog walk.  it is a 6 inch beam that they have to walk over usually 5 feet
tall.  then you have all the jumps including a tire jump where they have to
jump through the tire that is held by a frame.  you have a shoot that starts
out as a barrel then turns into fabric which they have to make there way
through.  (Buckley has trouble with this one because he got stuck and twisted
in it once).  then you have the tunnels which they have to go through.  they
are turned and curved so they cant see through it to the other side.  some are
light and some are dark.  I think I got all of them.... but may have missed
some.  this is all done in what they call a ring.  the dogs cant go potty in
the ring or in a competition will be disqualified. there are different levels
in agility.  we are intermediates right now.  haven't done much in the way of
competitions with Buckley but maybe in the future.  right now we just go to
have fun.  hope this has helped some.
Ridge and Buckley Guide/SD