(VICT) Re: Agility with a guide dog

  • From: "Ridge Euler" <ridge_e@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 08:25:07 -0500

hi Shelley,  I take Buckley every week to agility.  he gets really excited when
we get close.  I take his harness off and we have to play fetch for a while
before class because his attention wont be on me if he isnt a little tired.  he
knows when the harness is off and he can play and he knows that if it is on he
has to work.  it is a good way of getting some energy out of the dogs.  try and
find a trainer that uses clicker though.  even now days there are those that
just expect the dog to know what you mean by "jump", "tunnel" "A frame"
etc.....   but they do have fun.....
just my experience, Ridge and Buckley Guide/SD