[vi-android] Overclocking, was RE: Re: Nearby Explorer review

  • From: "Ervin, Glenn" <glenn.ervin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 21:18:03 +0000

Hi,
Most overclocking is done on home computers.
It is where you tell the device to increase the frequency of the processor.
In home computers, you do that in the BIOS, or CMOS settings, prior to booting
to the operating system.
Just like with physical friction, by increasing the frequency, you increase the
heat generated, so in overclocked computers, people will add extra fans for
more cooling.
I’m not sure how much hotter devices like phones and tablets get when
overclocked, but I’m sure it’s noticeable at any rate.
But by increasing the frequency (overclocking), you make the device run faster,
thus perform better.
If you google the word overclock, you will undoubtedly find a Wikipedia page
that explains it better than I.

HTH.
Glenn