[vi-android] Re: Android V5

  • From: Andrea Sherry <sherryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 17:42:42 +1100

Yes well my phone is an LG nexus 5 which I purchased online via the Playstore. First time I have purchased something so expensive on line. It was with me here in eastern Victoria Australia from Singapore in less than three days. The unit is less than 4 months old.

Cheers
Andrea
On 16-Oct-14 5:10 PM, Dialup @ 56k wrote:
Android updates depend a bit on who you got your phone from.
Whereas the Nexus phones get all updates directly from Google as soon as it is released, the various telcos around the world are given copies of the vanilla OS which they then proceed to customise as they see fit, much to Google's annoyance. The age of your phoned also has a bit to do with whether you can theoretically install Android L; older handsets may not have the hardware specs, but no one quite know yet as L was very nicely kept under wraps up until today. The code will apparently be released in a few days and I would imagine more info will become available in the next few weeks, particularly on XDA.
HTH.
Glen

On 16-Oct-14 4:58 PM, Andrea Sherry wrote:
     So is this possible to download and install or must one wait till
Nexus 5 and such says that the update is available?
Andrea

To receive the list as a digest, send an email to vi-android-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'set vi-android digest' in the subject (to go back to receiving every message use 'unset vi-android digest' in the subject).

--
Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Brad