[va-richmond-general] Barred Owl

  • From: katya@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 10:17:06 -0500

Heard, but not seen, Barred Owl, between The Wetlands and Pony Pasture, not as
far west as Charlie's bridge, not as far east as The Crossover Trail.  Near the
creek, but on the river side in an area with several tall pines.  Approximately
4:30pm Monday 3/6.  Very loud, very repetitive, very insistant as if disturbed
by someone or something.     About 15 minutes later, I asked a passerby on one
of the lesser traveled paths if he had heard or seen anything.  He told me he
had seen the owl hunting at the creek a couple of days before.  Woo-Hoo!  Happy
birding!

Katie,
South of the James