[va-richmond-general] Barred Owl

  • From: "Doug Sinclair" <d.b.sinclair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'richmond listserve'" <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 10:21:54 -0500

We have what I believe to be a Barred Owl nesting? In the vicinity of our Old
Gun Rd. home.  Got a really good look yesterday and I must say that it is one
of the largest birds I've observed anywhere! They seem to return about this
time every year and actually crashed into each other one year in what was
either two males scuffling or rough foreplay between consenting raptors. ;-)
Doug Sinclair

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for
the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential or
proprietary information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, immediately
message.