[va-richmond-general] Re: Barred Owl

  • From: "Bob Siegfried" <rcs5701@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 20:17:32 -0500

We visited friends who live just upstream from the Pony Pasture, up on the
river bluff near "goat" island.  They have had a barred owl nesting in a tree
next to their driveway for ten years.  They have great photos of the adults and
several of the "litter"(?) of owlets over the years.  During the day the male
roosts in one magnolia and the female roosts in another on the other side of
the house.

Its amazing how much wildlife you can have in an urban yard when there are nice
hunting grounds nearby like the park.

Bob Siegfried