[v-webmail] Re: Passing user details to v-webmail

  • From: "Joshua Broussard" <jbroussard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <R.A.Stanier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 20:21:20 -0800

It is really easy... basically all you have to do is POST the form =
instead
of submit it using the GET method you described. The major drawback to =
POST
is that the user CANNOT bookmark the page and have it work later. =
Assuming
your referring page is php and has access to variables that store the =
user's
name and password ($user, and $pass respectively in the sample code =
below),
and that you only have one email server defined, you can simply add the
following code to your page wherever you want the login to appear.=20

Please pay attention that you change " v-webmail/htdocs/login.php " in =
the
sample code below to show the path to v-webmail's login.php page.

// Begin sample code
<form action=3D"v-webmail/htdocs/login.php" method=3D"post" =
name=3D"login">
<input type=3D"hidden" size=3D"25" name=3D"username" value=3D"$user">
<input type=3D"hidden" size=3D"25" name=3D"password" value=3D"$pass">
<input type=3D"hidden" name=3D"server_id" value=3D"0">
<input type=3D"submit" class=3D"submit" name=3D"submit" value=3D"Login =
to Webmail">
</form>
// End sample code

I have tested this on my working copy of v-webmail, and confirmed that =
it
works.

R/Joshua