[v-webmail] IMAP auth help

  • From: Ian Marlier <ian@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <v-webmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 21:17:08 -0400

Hi there -- I'm trying to get v-webmail set up on my server.  The problem
I'm having at the moment is this: my imap server doesn't do cram-md5 (it's
the built-in IMAP server on Mac OS X Server, which requires that you either
only use MD5, or don't use it at all).  But, v-webmail keeps trying to
authenticate using cram-md5.  I figure there's a pref somewhere that has to
be changed, but I can't find it.

So, how do I get v-webmail to authenticate users to the IMAP server using
LOGIN rather than CRAM-MD5?

Thoughts, suggestions, etc are more than welcome....

- Ian