[uae] Re: save snapshots

  • From: Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 20:17:31 +0200

On Sun, 2006-07-16 at 11:12 -0400, Richard Drummond wrote:
> Hi Elias

> It only works if you have raw key-mapping enabled at the moment. Need
> to fix that.

How do I enable it? I have this in ~/.uaerc:

x11.map_raw_keys=true
sdl.map_raw_keys=true

But when I run e-uae, I get:

E-UAE 0.8.29-WIP2
Build date: Jul 16 2006 19:56:13
X11GFX: Initialized.
Found 0 joystick(s)
X11GFX: Raw key-mapping disabled.
Opening cfgfile '/home/elias/.uaerc'...okay.
unknown config entry: 'floppy0sound=0'
unknown config entry: 'floppy1sound=0'
unknown config entry: 'floppy2sound=0'
unknown config entry: 'floppy3sound=0'
unknown config entry: 'floppy_volume=33'
unknown config entry: 'sound_filter=off'
unknown config entry: 'gfx_display=0'
unknown config entry: 'sdl.map_raw_keys=true'
Testing the RDTSC instruction ... done.
TSC frequency: 3194.500000 MHz
Testing system sleep function.........
Average duration of a 1ms sleep: 2 ms
Found 0 joystick(s)
X11GFX: Raw key-mapping disabled. Keycodes not supported.

So apparently, the sdl.* option is unknown, and the x11.* one is
ignored.

> On Saturday 15 July 2006 15:08, Elias Pschernig wrote:
> > Apparently, any keys with XK_KP in them don't work for me, and also the
> > combinations with three keys don't work for me, where there's an extra
> > XK_Shift_L parameter :/
>
> Hmmm. What X server are you using? And what key map?

> xdpyinfo | grep version
version number:    11.0
X.Org version: 7.0.0

> setxkbmap -print
xkb_keymap {
        xkb_keycodes  { include "xfree86+aliases(qwertz)"       };
        xkb_types     { include "complete"      };
        xkb_compat    { include "complete"      };
        xkb_symbols   { include "pc(pc105)+de"  };
        xkb_geometry  { include "pc(pc105)"     };
};

In xev, I get these:
F12: keycode 96 (keysym 0xffc9, F12)
Left shift: keycode 50 (keysym 0xffe1, Shift_L)
Keypad 0 (without numlock): keycode 90 (keysym 0xff9e, KP_Insert)
Keypad 0 (with numlock on): keycode 90 (keysym 0xffb0, KP_0)

> > Anyway, many thanks, after disabling compression I already could rip all
> > the sprites I wanted :)
>
> I hadn't considered that saving a statefile without compression would be
> useful. Perhaps there should be an option somewhere.

Well, my case is quite special, I know, but still, if you could take
that option as a very low priority feature request, would be nice :)
Actually, I should probably make a patch for it, but I'll wait for the
snapshot saving GUI first, and then sneak in a small checkbox somewhere.

--
Elias Pschernig