[uae] Re: save snapshots

  • From: Rich Eaton <rich.e@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 11:19:02 +0100

Using Hi-Toro to load configs and launch E-UAE, when/how do I enter the command line statefile path? is this just the latest snapshot or is it good for current 8.28 binary?

cheers

On 15 Jul 2006, at 16:15, Richard Drummond wrote:

Hi Elias

On Friday 14 July 2006 05:47, Elias Pschernig wrote:
I was wondering about the state of snapshots saving. Is it possible
currently?

Saved-states are supported. It's just that - except on AmigaOS-like hosts -
the save/load states dialogs are not implemented yet.

However, you can use it right now - sort of.

Specifiy a saved-state file to use with the command-line switch:

-s statefile=<path to state file>

Press:

F12 + Nampad 0 Quick save emulator state.
F12 + Right Shift + Numpad 0 Quick load emulator state.
F12 + Numpad 1 Quick save emulator state to slot 1.
F12 + Right Shift + Numpad 1 Quick load emulator state from slot 1.
F12 + Numpad 'n' Quick save emulator state to slot 'n'.
F12 + Right Shift + Numpad 'n' Quick load emulator state from slot 'n'.

State-saving when a virtual filesystem is mounted is not currently supported.

[PS: I wrote this already to uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx one week ago, since on
the website, the address uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx is not mentioned anywhere, or
at least I did not found it. Also the list archives have the address cut
out in every mail, and the subscription mails do not mention it either.
Maybe you should add the address somewhere under the mailing list
page :)]