[uae] Re: external monitors

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 00:59:56 -0400

Hi Gerhard

On Monday 24 July 2006 04:43, Gerhard Mueller wrote:
> Sorry, my fault. I meant "second monitor or tv" and
> because i have a mac-powerbook running OSX, i wrote
> "external". I?m definitely dumber, though my grandpa
> used to say: "there are no dumb questions, only dumb
> answers" :-)
>
> Is there any way to get uae redirected on a connected
> tv without mirroring the screen? The VLC Media Player
> for example lets you select "screen 1" or "screen 2",
> know what i mean?
>
> It?s not that important...

I understand you now. :-)

Actually, I've no idea. Using a 2nd head used to be dead easy in Mac OS 9.x,
but I don't have a dual-head set up that supported in OS X, so I've never
investigated how it works there.

Any Mac users on the list more knowledgeable than myself?

It can't be supported in E-UAE as an option at the moment, since E-UAE uses
SDL for graphical output on OS X and SDL makes no provision for this sort of
thing. If OS X doesn't have the facilities to direct an application to a 2nd
head itself, then you're probably out of luck for the moment. I do want
eventually to write a native display driver for OS X (rather than using OS
X), but I'll need to get myself a newer and faster Mac first.