[uae] Re: external monitors

  • From: Andrew 'Truck' Holland <truck@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 17:05:21 +0300

On Di, 25 Jul 2006, Richard Drummond wrote:

> Hi Gerhard
>
> On Monday 24 July 2006 04:43, Gerhard Mueller wrote:
> > Sorry, my fault. I meant "second monitor or tv" and
> > because i have a mac-powerbook running OSX, i wrote
> > "external". I?m definitely dumber, though my grandpa
> > used to say: "there are no dumb questions, only dumb
> > answers" :-)
> >
> > Is there any way to get uae redirected on a connected
> > tv without mirroring the screen? The VLC Media Player
> > for example lets you select "screen 1" or "screen 2",
> > know what i mean?
> >
> > It?s not that important...
>
> I understand you now. :-)
>
> Actually, I've no idea. Using a 2nd head used to be dead easy in Mac OS 9.x,
> but I don't have a dual-head set up that supported in OS X, so I've never
> investigated how it works there.
>
> Any Mac users on the list more knowledgeable than myself?

From what I recall in messing about with some of the openGL and CoreGraphics
demos, osX basically supports multiple monitors and does NOT support single
monitors.  You have only 1 monitor, so your multiple monitor support is set to
'1 display' ...

It was very easy to find and shouldn't be difficult to do at all, and
theoretically it should be able to handle SDL as well.  That's if you open the
window via coregraphics and use the SDL bits to draw to it.  (Of course, THAT
alone will require some wrappers, I imagine, or tweaks to setting up SDL in the
library itself.)

However I haven't touched this in over a year.  I do know hitting the Apple dev
center resulted in several examples, of the typical apple dev center quality.
(almost perfect, just for some reason, missing entire chunks of vital stuff.)