[uae] Still time problems

  • From: Martin Steigerwald <Martin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2004 18:53:15 +0200

Hello Rich,

while with the latest test UAE

Linux/x86:
http://rcdrummond.net/uae/test/uae-linux-i386-20040804.bz2

the time of a file in the Linux filesystem is the same no matter whether I see
it from the side of Linux or the emulated Amiga, there is still a bug in
there.

Yesterday I wanted to burn further Amiga data on CD-Rs. Unfortunately my
Lite-On burner in the Amiga seem to have decided not to accept any CD-R media
anymore. So I transfered the CD image file to the laptop and mounted it via
cdromemu (see http://makecd.core.de)

This worked flawlessy and I was happy to finally be able to copy from data
from the Amiga to the Linux side without time difference. But exactly this
doesn't work. Whenever I copy a file from a real Amiga filesystem like the
SFS fake RDB hardfile or the RAM-Disk to the Linux side one hour is added.

First I create a test file:

6.Ram Disk:> date
Samstag 07-Aug-04  18:47:35
6.Ram Disk:> echo "test" >ram:test
6.Ram Disk:> list ram:test
Directory "ram:" on Samstag 07-Aug-04
test                                 5 ----rwed Heute      18:47:44
1 file - 2 blocks used

Now I copy it from the RAM-Disk to one of my fake RDB hardfiles formatted with
SmartFilesystem:

6.Ram Disk:> copy ram:test Messages: clone
6.Ram Disk:> list Messages:test
Directory "Messages:" on Samstag 07-Aug-04
test                                 5 ----rwed Heute      18:47:44
1 file - 2 blocks used

Time stays the same. But now I copy the same file to my Linux home directory:

6.Ram Disk:> copy ram:test Martin:test clone
6.Ram Disk:> list Martin:test
Directory "Martin:" on Samstag 07-Aug-04
test                                 5 ----rwed Heute      19:47:44
1 file - 9 blocks used
6.Ram Disk:>

See, one our added. Maybe you didn't apply the DST fix to all the places where
it is required, Rich?

Regards,