[uae] Re: Source code snapshot 20060505

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 14:19:52 -0400

Hi Jens

On Friday 05 May 2006 12:30, Jens Weichert wrote:
> Yes! Builds fine! -

Great!

> And we need definitely the Intel/UB version of
> the SDL.framework. I'll send you my version of the SDL.framework.
> Please check whether it is only intel or universal binary. because
> i've problems to build the svc version of the framework as UB. the
> ppc part is broken.

Okay. But I can't build x86 binaries here at the moment. I need to upgrade my
Mac.

> One other question: why e-uae checks the pathes for the
> "default.uaerc" if I specify another config file with "-f"?
>
> Opening cfgfile '/Users/nexusle/default.uaerc'...failed
> Opening cfgfile 'default.uaerc'...failed
> Opening cfgfile '/Volumes/Storage Macintosh/Programme/Emulatoren/
> Amiga/Configs/default.uaerc'...okay.
>
> If I would have the default.config installed with i.e. a hardfile and/
> or z3 ram, than e-uae takes these settings with the specified config
> file together.
> can you patch this out?

It always tries to a load a default config file. It looks for this in your
home directory and then the current directory.

We talked about this here before. A lot of people like this behaviour.

Perhaps a command-line option can be added to override this and not load the
derfault config file?

> I can't wait for version 1.0 of e-uae. any plans for it? ;-)

No. ;-)

IMHO, it would be incredibly cheeky to call any version of E-UAE 'version 1.0'
until it is at least functionally equivalent to WinUAE 1.0. So, there's a
huge amount of work to be done still.

Things to do:

OpenGL rendering
Serial port emulation
Parallel port emulation
AHI sound-card emulation
More useable SCSI emulation on Linux and OS X.
Catweasel support (at least on platforms where it's possible to do this
without jumping through hoops)
Rewrite keyboard emulation (it's a mess currently)
Rewrite the build scripts (they're a mess and slow)

(Feel free to add to this list, anybody. I've probably forgotten stuff.)

The current state of development of E-UAE performs a lot better than ever
before (in terms of CPU performance, display performance and stability), but,
for example, people are still having issues with audio. And it's still a pain
to configure unless you know what you are doing.