[uae] Snapshot 20070227

  • From: Jason Rainforest <l3mming@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 20:29:44 +1000

Hey Rich,

Thanks for the new snapshot. Builds cleanly here on Ubuntu Edgy AMD64.
As I mentioned in a previous post to this list, there's an issue with
the SDL OpenGL mode while the compiz window manager is running. Other
OpenGL applications (like the XMMS 3D rotating spectrogram thing) have
the same issue. The issue is basically an inconsistent framerate, and
never reaching full speed (50fps? sits around 15-20 with bursts of 30,
estimating) CPU usage doesn't appear to be the cause. I suspect it's
something to do with compiz (and perhaps beryl also, or any other
compositing window manager) and the way other OpenGL programs function
while it is running. This system has an nVidia 7900GT in it, so the gfx
card is definitely powerful enough.

In non-OpenGL mode, this version of E-UAE is very fast. It's a shame the
JIT isn't available on AMD64 as it would absolutely fly :D. Speaking of
the JIT - do you have any plans on making it 64bit clean (assuming that
is the reason why it's not available on 64bit arch)? Maybe Toni does for
a Vista 64bit native version of WinUAE.

Thanks for all the great work!

Jason