[uae] Re: Snapshot 20070227

  • From: Douglas Bollinger <dcb@xxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 11:58:57 -0500

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 20:29:44 +1000
Jason Rainforest <l3mming@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks for the new snapshot. Builds cleanly here on Ubuntu Edgy AMD64.
> As I mentioned in a previous post to this list, there's an issue with
> the SDL OpenGL mode while the compiz window manager is running. Other
> OpenGL applications (like the XMMS 3D rotating spectrogram thing) have
> the same issue. The issue is basically an inconsistent framerate, and
> never reaching full speed (50fps? sits around 15-20 with bursts of 30,
> estimating) CPU usage doesn't appear to be the cause. I suspect it's
> something to do with compiz (and perhaps beryl also, or any other
> compositing window manager) and the way other OpenGL programs function
> while it is running. This system has an nVidia 7900GT in it, so the gfx
> card is definitely powerful enough.

Yeah, that inconsistent framerate is a compiz/beryl feature! :/

If you use UAE fullscreen, you can probably get around the problem by using
the configuration editor and going to compiz/screen0/options and activating
unredirect_fullscreen_windows.  This disables the compositing part of the
window manager while a fullscreen app is running.

--
"You're not allowed to call them dinosaurs anymore." said Yo-less. "It's
speciesist. You have to call them pre-petroleum persons."