[uae] Re: No mouse in fullscreen

  • From: Bernd Schmidt <bernds_cb1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 14:29:10 +0100

I was wondering if you still have the motivation of working on uae or
if you plan to stop working on it.

Depends. At the moment it doesn't feel like anyone is using my tree, so there isn't a lot of motivation to keep working on it.

I ask this because I have some ideas that could lower your work on uae
while keeping the benefit of your
amiga hardware knowledge. Example: if the gui was totally abstracted (
as with mplayer stdin/out method), it would allow other people to work
on the gui only and it would also allow third party front-end to
easily plugin on uae, whatever technology used, whatever language
compiled or scripted, whatever toolkit gtk or qt, ...

To be honest, I don't see the point of having multiple UIs. it just unnecessarily fragments things. IMO it's better to focus on improving the existing one. There's nothing stopping anyone from working just on the GUI side.

If some other abstractions are made in the code tree, maybe some day
we could dream of a merge back of WinUAE in the same code base if the
authors accept to unify the project again.

There's little hope of that; Toni just wants to hack stuff and never has been interested in making things easy to merge, and I've pretty much had enough of sifting through multimegabyte diffs trying to separate worthwhile changes from crap.

Bernd