[uae] More Mac-Like E-UAE

  • From: Jens Weichert <nexusle@xxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 18:06:03 +0200

Hi Rich,

at the last weekend I played a bit with "Boxer". Boxer is a DOS virtualizer based on DOSBox. With Boxer it is possible to create a folder with all needed files for a Game or old OS (Win 3.1x). This folder a can change to a package with adding the extension ".boxer" to the folder.

Now, if I double-click the packaged folder, Boxer starts and I can just play the game.

I would like to see such a behavier in E-UAE. That means:

I put all needed files for (i.e.) Rick Dangerous in a folder named "Rick" (like ROM, ADF and the config file). Than I rename the folder "Rick" to (i.e.) "Rick.euae" and get a package that handels like an application.

If I now double-click "Rick.euae", E-UAE starts and load the config file in the package and the game starts.

I hope you know what I mean.

Is this possible to implement?

greets
Jens