[uae] Re: More Mac-Like E-UAE

  • From: "Arnljot Arntsen" <arnljot@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 20:32:34 +0200

But perhaps this should be cross platform feature of e-uae. Something that
even sets it apart from winuae ;)

I like the idea of a package with a complete config file, or one that
augments the main config file of e-uae. Each package should be just a zipped
folder. It should have a distinct filename ending. *.euae is good enough.
This way it could be registered with each host os so that e-uae handles it.

I'm a osx user, but I don't like the idea of automator, as it introduces an
external dependency that might break. Even though automator is flexible and
it's fairly generic thing to start e-uae with some arguments (configfile
etc). But it won't easily allow to handle games and apps as "packages" that
can be compressed. For that e-uae needs to be smart about it.

/Arnljot

--
Arnljot Arntsen
www.arnljot.com