[uae] Re: More Mac-Like E-UAE

  • From: Ruben Martínez Manzano <ruben@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 10:16:03 +0200

>This is almost possible now - I'm doing something similar with Hi-
>Toro's "save state bundles". The big problem is identifying what file
>is what; there is no requirement to name the ROM file with a .rom
>extension or the disk file with .adf extension so how would E-UAE know
>the purpose of each file in the folder?

Simply assume all ROMs are .rom and all disk files are .adf. I'm sure that's
the situation with the majority, and anyone else can easily rename their files
:)

Even better would be to include a custom configuration file in every bundle,
something like:
[rom]=../roms/kickstart13.rom
[df0]=../adfs/wings1.adf
[df1]=../adfs/wings2.adf

This would work whatever the extension and path.

Yet another way: include a FULL e-uae configuration file in every bundle, or an
incremental configuration file to be added to a master file.

> Of course, if E-UAE supported paths in configuration files relative to the
> location of
>the configuration file then you could save a configuration in a folder with
>all it's
>dependencies, move the folder around and run the configuration from anywhere.

Yes, something like that. Even if E-UAE doesn't, you could always store the
master configuration file and the per-game configuration files elsewhere, and
dynamically build a new E-UAE configuration every time it is launched.

Cheers!