[uae] Re: More Mac-Like E-UAE

  • From: Ruben Martínez Manzano <ruben@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 10:12:54 +0200

Daniel Pimley wrote:

> You should create a save state bundle in Hi-Toro and look inside -
> you'll see something just like this.

(as an aside: save states never worked for me with 0.5.0 and the latest E-UAE
released binary - my wife is now on the latest month of a difficult pregnancy
so I haven't had time to compile the latest E-UAE from the CVS and I don't know
if it was ever fixed).

I get your point, but I assume a save state bundle has much more runtime
information, such as RAM and CPU state dumps. I see that as a very useful
feature, but not something you want to store for every single game in your
collection. I was rather meaning some sort of per game "startup settings".
That's something we can easily add with shell scripts (or Automator actions, or
whatever), but it would be a very nice feature for Hi-Toro to support :)

> > Yes, something like that. Even if E-UAE doesn't, you could always
> > store the master configuration file and the per-game configuration
> > files elsewhere, and dynamically build a new E-UAE configuration
> > every time it is launched.
>
> This is exactly how Hi-Toro functions now ;) You never actually run
> the configuration you load, Hi-Toro builds a fresh temporary file.

I know, and I like that, that's why I propose the idea of game bundles uses the
same concept :)