[uae] Re: Hi all, OSX E-UAE and testing :)

  • From: Andrew 'Truck' Holland <truck@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 20:52:22 +0200

On Mo, 26 Nov 2007, Ruben Mart?nez Manzano wrote:
> -          I've switched from PC to an Intel Mac now, I'm using the OSX E-UAE
> 0.8.29 WIP4 version with Hi-Toro 0.5.0. Is this the proper place to discuss
> these? I know the Mac version has its own forum but it's in German and my
> German is quite rusty.

Well, this mac user isn't on that forum, and isn't going to be on that forum,
so ... I'm planning on staying on-list for E-uae issues (:

> And here's a little suggestion right away, could you consider having an user
> selectable hotkey? Right now it's F12, F11 in the OSX version, but I'd rather
> have another key. In new iMac keyboards F11 is wired to volume control,
> unless you press FN at the same time. Meaning that to load a savestate you'd
> have to press FN+F11+SHIFT+a keypad number, which is awkward.

I can't stand the FN issue myself, which is why I remapped it using
DoubleCommand. (http://doublecommand.sourceforge.net/)  I mention it here
partially because it also can remap the control key to where it is on the Amiga
keyboard.  (You know, shift lock.)

> Now, I know that having a platform independent user selectable hotkey may be
> tricky, but perhaps the middle mouse button could be used, since the Amiga
> doesn't use it. Just an idea.

My Amiga does (:  (Yes I know I'm insane.)

But well see I was using it for X displays at one point...

Despite this, I'm all for allowing remapping of keys, but of course it MUST be
cross platform.  Those of us who are also using MorphOS would like this as
well.  (Editable.  My MorphOS version is already using control-alt for the
selectable key, which I don't have the code for, but someone on the #morphos
channel has done this.  I should have bugged him to contribute a patch (:  )