[uae] Hi all, OSX E-UAE and testing :)

  • From: Ruben Martínez Manzano <ruben@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 11:17:58 +0100

Hi! Long ago I made a tiny contribution for the original Unix UAE (nothing
worth mentioning) and was very excited about being able to run all my Amiga
stuff again, but gave up because of the poor emulation speed.

But hardware got better and so did the many UAE variants, I've been trying the
latest versions (WinUAE and E-UAE) and I'm impressed by the work you all have
done on this. First and foremost, thanks!

OK, my post is about two things:

-          I've switched from PC to an Intel Mac now, I'm using the OSX E-UAE
0.8.29 WIP4 version with Hi-Toro 0.5.0. Is this the proper place to discuss
these? I know the Mac version has its own forum but it's in German and my
German is quite rusty.

-          I no longer have the time to code, but I'm quite ready to betatest
and try anything for you if you want.

And here's a little suggestion right away, could you consider having an user
selectable hotkey? Right now it's F12, F11 in the OSX version, but I'd rather
have another key. In new iMac keyboards F11 is wired to volume control, unless
you press FN at the same time. Meaning that to load a savestate you'd have to
press FN+F11+SHIFT+a keypad number, which is awkward.

Now, I know that having a platform independent user selectable hotkey may be
tricky, but perhaps the middle mouse button could be used, since the Amiga
doesn't use it. Just an idea.

Cheers!