[uae] Re: Hi all, OSX E-UAE and testing :)

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 00:59:20 -0500

Hi Ruben

On Nov 26, 2007, at 5:17 AM, Ruben Martínez Manzano wrote:

And here’s a little suggestion right away, could you consider having an user selectable hotkey? Right now it’s F12, F11 in the OSX version, but I’d rather have another key. In new iMac keyboards F11 is wired to volume control, unless you press FN at the same time. Meaning that to load a savestate you’d have to press FN+F11 +SHIFT+a keypad number, which is awkward.

Now, I know that having a platform independent user selectable hotkey may be tricky, but perhaps the middle mouse button could be used, since the Amiga doesn’t use it. Just an idea.

I think a user-selectable hot-keys may be the only way to go, especially considering the way Apple keeps changing its keyboards.

I am open to suggestions as to a workable default setting.